The Haven Montessori School seeks a Lower Elementary guide to begin in the 2019-20 school year. Located in the beautiful mountains of Flagstaff, Arizona, Haven Montessori is a private preschool for children aged 4 months through 5 years, and an Arizona Public Charter School for grades K-6. The mission of Haven Montessori School is to provide a rich and nurturing educational experience for our students that will inspire peaceful relations and a lifetime love of learning.
Lower Elementary (1st-3rd Grade) Lead Teacher (10 month position to begin in August 2019).
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year University
• Completion of an accredited 6-12 Montessori training program
• US citizenship or permanent residency status
• Bachelor’s or higher degree in education, special education, Montessori education, and/or other education-related field.
• Completion of AMI or AMS 6-12 Training
• 2+ years of teaching experience
• Prepares, and maintains a beautiful environment, on a daily basis that meets the needs of all students;
• Initiates and facilitates ongoing dialogue with parents on the overall development of each child;
• Demonstrates competency to deliver an educational program based on the individual;
• Demonstrates competency to provide effective, innovative instruction with a balance of Montessori materials integrated with the Arizona State Standards;
• Oversees the learning of all children in the classroom while partnering with the assistant in supporting the needs of all students;
• Demonstrates basic computer literacy/competency;
• Conducts the class: plans, develops, records and implements class curriculum; makes materials when needed, maintains classroom materials and keeps shelves clean and orderly;
• Keeps accurate daily, weekly, and monthly lesson plans which describe lessons given, curriculum covered and observation notes for each child and turns them in as directed;
• Continues to get to know each child’s learning style(s) and interests to increase all eight constructs (emotional, social, ethical, aesthetic, creative, wellness, intellectual and “school success”);
The Haven Montessori School offers a supportive and positive work environment, with many opportunities for individual growth.
• A flexible benefit allocation included in gross pay
• 8 days paid time off, 3 professional development days, in addition to many school breaks and holidays
• Discounted tuition for preschool students
• Salary range $35,000-45,000 depending on education and experience, according to the Haven Montessori salary schedule.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls.
The Haven Montessori Children’s House and Charter School and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.