STAR is seeking an experienced Montessori Teacher to serve in our 3-6 year-old Ałchíní Bighan (“Children’s House,” in Navajo) beginning July, 2020.
SALARY: $43,000 - $53,000 depending on education and experience
Our ideal candidate will embrace the Montessori philosophy of education alongside the culturally responsive values and mission of the STAR School.
We seek someone who is well-versed in the needs and development of young children, empathic and caring, flexible, and responsive to the needs of the classroom environment. Strong organization and communication skills with both children and adults are critical, and the ability to mentor others is desired.
Successful teachers at STAR School are eager to develop meaningful relationships with students and their families and to support the culturally responsive values and mission of the STAR School.
* Montessori 3-6 Certification
* Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in an area of Early Childhood Education)
* 3+ years’ experience leading a Montessori 3-6 classroom
* Desired: Arizona State Teaching Certificate or pass the AEPA test
* Desired: Familiarity with Navajo Culture; Bilingual English/Navajo
* First Aid/CPR
* Current DPS IPV Fingerprint Clearance Card and TB test will be required upon hire.
To apply, send a Letter of Interest and Resume to the STAR School: firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please include the position to which you are applying in the subject line.
Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. Position is open until filled.
WE OFFER: Competitive Salary; Paid time off; Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance; Retirement benefits; Professional Development support; Workplace perks such as free meals, etc.