Are you a creative, innovative and progressive Montessori teacher who wants to build on Montessori concepts to meet the unique needs of every child? Bring your unique talents to our team at Heritage Montessori and make a true impact in the lives of our students!
Who We Are:
At Heritage Montessori School we take an innovative approach by offering both Montessori and Reggio-inspired preschool environments. We serve only 54 children ages 3-6 and have two distinct classrooms, one is Montessori and the other is play-based. We offer every student a completely individualized education that fosters creativity, focus, intrapersonal communication and interpersonal skills. Developmentally appropriate lessons are designed to foster social, emotional, intellectual and physical growth based on each child’s specific needs and interests. Our campus is currently undergoing a huge renovation and will boast a large organic garden, unique climbing structures and a mud kitchen for both stimulating indoor and outdoor learning experiences. We are looking for a full-time teacher beginning at the end of July 2021, for the school year stating August 2, 2021. A typical day will begin at 8:30 am and end at approximately 3:30 pm.
Who We Are Looking For:
We are searching for a creative, innovative and reliable Montessori teacher. One who combines different approaches to learning in order to meet the needs of each student. In this role you will have the autonomy to build an exceptional curriculum in a supportive, team-focused environment.
The Montessori teacher’s responsibilities include:
- Assessing children’s individual needs, and communicating/fostering relationships with parents that reinforces our commitment to individualized education.
- Create lesson plans around the needs of your classroom that are focused on developing social, physical, intellectual, and emotional skills.
- Establishing and maintaining a nurturing, stimulating environment where every child feels included.
- Partnering with the play-based teacher to drive a love of learning in students.
This is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated individual to develop their ability to build relationships with children, families and colleagues, create inspiring curriculum and grow their career.
- Montessori credentials (AMS- or AMI-certified) required.
- Basic technology skills.
- Must be physically able to lift at least 40 pounds and work both indoors and outdoors.
- Must meet Arizona minimum requirements for a lead teacher.
- Clear TB test within the past 12 months (can be obtained prior to starting).
- Level One Fingerprint Clearance card.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary: $35,000.00 - $40,000.00 per year.
- 75% tuition discount for your child(ren) ages 3-6 years.
- On-going staff development.
- Spring, Summer, and Winter breaks.
- Beautifully prepared environments.
- Full-time indoor and outdoor assistants and a team of professions to support you.