We are seeking an experienced Spanish or Montessori Native speaker for a Lead Montessori Teacher position for Beibei Amigos Montessori Language Preschool in Phoenix, Arizona. As an authentic Montessori school, our Montessori curriculum and programs are designed to build a solid foundation in academics, as well as social, emotional, physical and moral/ethical development. The Montessori approach also encourages a child’s independence, self-motivation, and decision-making skills. Teachers and their Teaching Teams will also celebrate diversity in students, and use a culturally responsive and a positive discipline approach to develop positive self-concept in each child.
Your goals as a Certified Lead Montessori Teacher include helping the children to accomplish the following:
- Build social and emotional skills by encouraging and modeling positive relationships with other children, teaching team members, and families.
- Build positive self-concept and confidence by embracing and celebrating students’ culture as well as utilizing positive discipline techniques
-- Develop intellectual and cognitive abilities through correct and respectful use of Montessori materials and developmentally appropriate materials.
- Foster creative abilities and fine motor skills through Montessori’s works that utilize, art exploration, music enjoyment and sensory activities.
- Enhance large motor skills through daily outdoor play and gross motor movement activities
- Encourage a love and respect for nature, self, and the environment by weekly attendance in the Outdoor Environment Classroom
Your role as a a Montessori Teacher, Teaching Teams, and families requires that you:
- Be committed to setting the standard for high quality early childhood education at every level--and specifically the Montessori Method.
- Know and understand culturally responsive techniques to education, and implement them whenever possible.
- Prepare the classroom environment true to the Montessori Philosophy, which includes materials and equipment, and ensures that all materials are in good repair and all sets are complete.
- Plan and implement the Montessori curriculum and Spondeo’s enrichment curriculum as it supports the Montessori classroom. Update curriculum as student needs dictate.
- Participate in the process to achieve and maintain AMS membership.
- Monitor, record and plan lessons according to each individual child’s developmental milestones related to body, mind, communication, and self.
- Establish positive and effective communication and relationships with families. Be available to parents through written communication, setting up conferences, and creating positive partnerships with families as it pertains to the Spondeo Montessori Culture.
- Serve as the main point of contact for all assistant teachers in the classroom.
- Be able to communicate effectively with center director(s).
- Establish and maintain a safe, healthy, loving, and nurturing environment for all children.
LANGUAGE - (Must have the following)
- Native Spanish Speaker or
- Native Mandarin Speaker
EDUCATION - (Must have the following)
- Montessori Certification: AMS or AMI Credential in Early Childhood
- Extensive knowledge of the Montessori Method
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Early Childhood Education (ECE)
EXPERIENCE – (Must have the following)
- At least 3 years of experience working with young children; school setting and/or licensed early childhood education center.
- At least 3 years teaching in a Montessori classroom.
- At least one year with a lead teaching role.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11 to $16 and hour
Phoenix, AZ 85027
lead certified teacher experience: 1 year or Assistant Montessori teacher
Job Type: Full-time
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
How many years of Montessori experience do you have?
Do you speak Spanish?
Do you have the following license or certification: Montessori?
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $11.00 to $16.00 /hour