An Invitation to help open a School as a Teacher / Founder in beautiful Cody, Wyoming in the fall of 2019.
We are seeking an innovative, entrepreneurial Montessori teacher to help start and lead a small-scale Montessori primary/elementary community in Cody, WY.
You will have access to financial support, and direct guidance from an experienced Montessori guide and former school owner. Relocation support may also be available for qualified candidates committed to this important work. .
We are currently opening a Montessori school in Cody, WY and are looking for Primary and Elementary trained Teachers to help open a school.
The school will start small - serving about 30 students. The school will be a Montessori school with certified teachers who embrace the qualities of authentic Montessori education - mixed ages, the full complement of materials for each age group, and a child-led, individualized approach within a beautiful, peaceful environment.
What Will You Do?
As a Founding Teacher you will:
- Help develop plans, and bring the school to life with support from others in the community
- Collaborate with 1-2 other teachers to develop a vision for an authentic Montessori primary/elementary school
- Along with others in the community, find and prepare a school site - this generally involves identifying, leasing and renovating space
- Design and create the prepared environment in alignment with authentic Montessori and local regulations
- Along with other community members, actively market the school to recruit and enroll children and families
What Will you Bring?
- A deep commitment to authentic Montessori - Your expertise will position you to be a highly effective facilitator of children’s learning and to extend the values of Montessori to include the adults within your school community.
- A background working in school aged Communities - You have deep experience working with elementary aged students, as a trained Montessorian or have interest in completing Montessori training
- Entrepreneurial leadership - Your default mode is “yes.” You are flexible, open-minded, see opportunity in obstacles, and are energized by using creativity and resourcefulness to create solutions to problems.
- Generosity of spirit - You live with kindness, practice gratitude and lead with love.
- Willingness to work hard - You have the aptitude, stamina, time, and appetite to rise to the challenge of starting and leading a school. You will not be alone, but you will be busy.
- A desire to learn and grow - You are eager to stretch beyond your current experience, to develop new skills and expertise and to more fully explore your purpose and potential.
How we will support you:
We will offer guided support from a seasoned Montessori guide who has opened and lead many Montessori schools, to aid in all aspects of school startup. Financial support to pay teacher salary and for school startup expenses. We will also assist with relocation expenses.
For more information, please email email@example.com
About Cody, Wyoming:
Incorporated in 1901, Cody, Wyoming is located 52 miles from Yellowstone National Park's east entrance. Cody was founded in 1896 by Colonel William F. "Buffalo Bill" Cody, who passed through the region in the 1870s. He was so impressed by the development possibilities of irrigation, rich soil, grand scenery, hunting, and proximity to Yellowstone National Park that he returned in the mid-1890s to start a town. He brought with him men whose names still adorn street signs in Cody's downtown area: Beck, Alger, Rumsey, Bleistein, and Salsbury.
Today, Cody serves as the county seat for Park County. Cody's residential population of nearly 10,000 receives services from the City of Cody, including electricity, sanitation, water, wastewater, parks, recreation, law enforcement, and more. Cody has a total area of 10.43 square miles and an elevation of 5,016 feet above sea level.
The Shoshone River flows through Cody city limits in a moderately deep canyon. Cody is located approximately 50 miles from the East Gate of Yellowstone National Park.
Served by Yellowstone Regional Airport, Cody is a thriving community focused on serving the needs of the stable population base as well as the hundreds of thousands of annual visitors who travel from around the world to experience the beauty and culture of this mountainous area.
Some helpful links to explore Cody Country:
https://www.google.com/destination/map/topsights? q=cody+wyoming&client=safari&rls=en&site=search&output=search&dest_ mid=/m/ 011g76&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwig97zDl4veAhWKtVkKHU2RBPMQ69EBCE ooADAC#trifp=skpm%3D/m/04m91b