Heartwood Montessori is a nonprofit private school affiliated with the Southwest Institute of Montessori Studies. Heartwood and SIMS share a combined vision of creating an authentic Montessori program in the underserved community of Mesa, to allow all children the opportunity to nurture their own natural desire to learn independently within a Montessori environment.
The Development Administrator will work closely with and report directly to the School Administrator. The role of the Development Administrator is to assist in fundraising for Heartwood Montessori. This position will also maintain the Front office during school hours and assist in daily administrative duties as needed. Additionally, the position will serve as a float teacher within the classroom environment(s), when needed.
• Assist in the coordination and execution of community education events, as well as fundraising events.
• Assist in developing a strong community presence in Mesa.
• Research and apply for grant funding opportunities.
• Work with the School Administrator on Fundraising for Heartwood Montessori
• Maintain front office during school hours and assist in administrative duties as needed
• Serve as a Float teacher for providing breaks, lunches, and substitution during absences
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner through written word and phone communication.
• Strong initiative and ability to work independently to accomplish tasks
• Ability to manage time and prioritize multiple projects
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment
• AMI Trained Guide preferred but not required.
• Bilingual Spanish/English preferred but not required.