JOB POSTING 06/27/2022
CLOSING DATE 07/26/2022
Lead Primary Guide/Teacher at our Alder Montessori School
Position start-date: August 22, 2022.
We are seeking qualified applicants for a Lead Primary Montessori Guide at our Alder Montessori School which provides high-quality Montessori early childhood education free of cost to low-Income children and families. Alder Montessori is co-located at Alder Elementary School, within the Reynolds School District, and serves children ages 3-6 within our two multi-age classrooms. Most of our children enter as English language learners. Our team works collaboratively with multiple partner organizations on behalf of our students and families as part of a strong team of partners with Alder Elementary School. This includes but is not limited to partnerships with Greater Than, Friends of Children, Human Solutions for housing assistance, The Library Project, HOLLA Mentors, Child Care Resource & Referral of Multnomah, and Morrison Family Services.
The primary guide will be responsible for presenting and integrating primary (Preschool & Kindergarten) curriculum for students, facilitating parent engagement/education and conferences, record and data management, and student assessment. The primary guide will receive guidance and support from our School/Education Director, provide day to day support and oversight to the bilingual classroom assistant (s) and collaborate modeling grace, courtesy and compassion with all students, families, peers, supervisors, and partner stakeholders.
Experience Required: 3 or more years as lead Montessori primary guide/teacher
Education Required: 1) University undergraduate degree in a relevant field of study, and 2) AMI or AMS Montessori primary teaching certification
Preference for Candidates with the Following Qualifications/Experience:
• Bilingual – Spanish and English, verbal and written (our priority)
• Experience working in the public school system
• Master’s degree in the field of education
Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
• Skills to motivate students, communicate with individuals from varied educational and cultural backgrounds, direct support personnel, evaluate performance.
• Knowledge of age-appropriate teaching methods, Montessori method, and individualized student assessments and education planning.
• Strong personal and classroom organizational skills, attention to detail and a sense of collaboration.
• Abilities to perform a variety of specialized and responsible tasks, maintain records, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents/guardians, other school personnel, meet schedules and deadlines.
• Significant physical abilities include mobility in the classroom, lifting/carrying, reaching/handling, talking/hearing conversations, near/far visual acuity/depth perception/accommodation/field of vision.
This position requires Oregon Fingerprint and Criminal Check clearance, First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificate attained promptly prior to teaching in our classroom.
A successful candidate will bring dependability, creativity, joy, positive enthusiasm, professionalism and a dedicated to equity and high-quality Montessori early childhood education.
We seek a Montessori Guide who loves bringing a Montessori primary classroom to life, working with a collaborative approach, who is committed to equity, and genuinely enjoys people (young children and adults).
Compensation and Benefits: This is a full-time 10-month salaried exempt professional position. The hiring range for this position is $50,000 to $62,000, D.O.E.
Join us in bringing tuition-free high-quality Montessori education to children and families at a public-school setting in collaboration with agency partners! We care for you and our families. Our benefit package includes but is not limited to:
• Employer paid health, alternative care, dental and vision insurance for employees
• Paid vacation/school holidays (120 hours/15 days)
• Paid sick leave (80 hours)
• Paid holidays (Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving Break, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day & Memorial Day. Juneteenth is also a paid holiday for staff who work during that week.
• 403(b) Pretax and ROTH retirement plan
• Short-term disability insurance
• Ongoing professional development opportunities
• Relocation financial assistance
AEME is a young non-profit which is poised to soon open new tuition free Montessori early childhood education programs to neighborhoods within the Portland Metro community. The position’s schedule is based around our partner school districts’ calendar (Reynolds School District).
To Apply: AEME Is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. We value a diverse workforce to attain our mission and support our families.
To be considered for this position, please provide (1) a cover letter which describes how your background, work experience and skills make you a great candidate for this position, and (2) a current resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on this job opportunity (hiring process/timeline, salary determination structure, school model, detailed job description and essential work duties, etc.) please send an email to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.