Phoenix Modern is reimagining the design and approach of school. We are an innovative, next-generation learning community for Kindergarten through 8th grade students. Our purpose is to support a diverse community of learners in developing the skills, mindset and character that best prepare them for positive, healthy and productive engagement in the world.
Beginning fall 2019, we will serve students aged 5 through 10 years old in multi-age learning studios.
At Phoenix Modern, guides are responsible for supporting a community of students as they build a foundation and love for learning. On a day to day basis, guides have the following roles and responsibilities:
- Inspire and shepherd the energy of students
- Curate or create engaging quest-based projects
- Ask thought provoking questions
- Provide challenges, frameworks, processes, tools and world class examples to support learning
- Facilitate and model Socratic discussions
- Monitor and support academic progress for core skills; hold students accountable
- Directly support students through one-on-one or small group conferencing
- Support student led exhibitions of learning (most of the work is done by students)
- Communicate with parents including a student portfolio review twice a year
The salary for this position is competitive and depends on experience. Compensation also includes additional benefits and ample time off. The proposed start date is July 22, 2019 with some additional training opportunities available earlier.