English Speaking AMI Primary Guide
Hiatt Farms Montessori is a new family-run school located on a charming homesteaded farm between Fort Collins and Loveland, Colorado. We seek a motivated, enthusiastic English-Speaking AMI Primary guide for our inaugural class. Our program is bilingual, so there is a native Spanish-speaking assistant in each of our two classrooms. We hope to find a candidate who is excited about working at a brand-new, bilingual Montessori farm school!
Purpose, Major Roles & Responsibilities
To be the English-speaking guide in a bilingual classroom, responsible for facilitating a Montessori primary program that supports the needs of all children in accordance with Hiatt Farms Montessori School’s mission and vision.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Helping to prepare the classroom environment
• Helping to maintain an orderly classroom environment including morning preparation and afternoon clean-up
• Planning and recording lessons for each child in the environment
• Establishing a positive relationship with parents by ensuring regular and positive communication
• Maintain ongoing dialogue with other teachers and staff members to ensure proper classroom planning and management
• Attend all faculty meetings
• Prepare for and attend all parent teacher conferences
• Develop and participate in school functions such as parent education nights, and other social gatherings
• Comply with all continuing education and state licensing requirements
• Participate in ongoing self-assessment and refinement of practice in the classroom as well as collaborative professional growth
• Responsible for the safety of each child in her/his care until dismissed to a responsible adult
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Requirements
The teacher will meet the following requirements:
• Be an AMI certified Montessori guide at the primary level
o Be familiar with all materials and presentations given to children ages 3-6 according to AMI training
• Teaching license / prior teaching experience
We have 2 positions available. We are looking for someone to start IMMEDIATELY and a second candidate to begin in June/July.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com Should you be contacted for an interview, please be prepared to provide proof of AMI training and a valid teaching license.