Small Montessori preschool has an immediate opening for an entry-level, part-time, classroom assistant, with the possibility of extending to a full-time assistant position. Future growth opportunity into a full time assistant teacher position.
Applicant must be energetic, cheerful, and enjoy all aspects of working with children ages 1-6. Patience, kindness, willingness to learn, and attention to detail are essential qualities. We are looking for someone who is has experience with Montessori and is willing to follow the Montessori method. This is a very hands-on position and applicant will be responsible for assisting teachers, taking notes, doing projects with children, as well as tidying and cleaning up the classroom at the end of the day.
- Monday-Friday, 3pm-7pm, with the possibility of moving into full-time a position.
- Occasional Saturdays 8:30-12:30 once per month.
- Prior experience with the Montessori method is required.
- Applicant must provide a high school Diploma or GED time of hire.
- Fingerprint Clearance Card & Negative TB Skin Test is required for this position. **You will need to have this done immediately upon hire if you do not already have them.**
- Must be able to sit on the floor with children, as well as kneel at their eye level.
- Must be able to lift children ages 1-6 years, when necessary.