Montessori Day School Lakeshore has openings for 2 full time assistants for the primary classrooms (ages 3 to 6) starting in mid-March. The candidates for the assistant positions need be supportive team members, and self-motivated. We are looking for individuals that are positive, caring, and love children. Our programs are designed to fulfill the needs of the whole child.
Some Job Responsibilities Include:
• Assistant will work as part of the teaching team to encourage a positive learning environment for all children.
• Help to maintain a fun and interactive classroom that is clean and organized.
• Promote good character and values, such as kindness, compassion, respect for all living things, as well as respect and care for the environment.
• Respect and observe children's interests. Intervene when needed to maintain safety.
• Encourage and model social behavior and expectations which are developmentally appropriate
• Montessori experience is a plus
A current Arizona Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Clearance Card is necessary for this position.
Montessori Day School is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Health Insurance benefits
401K available after one year of employment
Required Education: High school or equivalent
Required experience: Childcare or experience working with children.
Classroom Management: 1 year