The Community Roots School is seeking an Upper Elementary Guide for immediate employment. We are a K-8 Public Charter Montessori school located in Silverton, OR, a welcoming and vibrant small community one hour south of Portland and near Silver Falls State Park. We have a strong commitment to social justice, anti-bias, anti-racism, and equity work. CRS is also passionate about outdoor education and we have an on-site outdoor guide for our garden program.
The Upper Elementary Guide will lead a Montessori classroom of children ages 9-12 at our tuition-free, Public Charter Montessori program. The guide will be responsible for preparing the elementary environment, facilitating parent engagement/education and conferences, record and data management, and student assessment. Guidance, oversight and support are provided by an AMI trained Head of School. Mentorship is also available. A successful candidate will bring dependability, creativity, joy, positive enthusiasm, professionalism, and a dedication to equity to contribute to high-quality Montessori education.
CRS follows the Silver Falls School District’s calendar. Salary and compensation will be commensurate with experience and education.
• A Montessori Credential from an AMS, AMI, or MACTE recognized training center for Upper Elementary levels.
• Willingness to complete state requirements: First Aid & CPR Training, Background Check & Fingerprinting
• Willingness to commit to at least three years of employment with us (a full cycle)
• Experience leading an Upper Elementary classroom and establishing a mindful environment based on respect.
• Experience working in an elementary Montessori environment
• Familiarity with anti-bias, antiracist work
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, and/or ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Classroom management skills, including providing support to children, overview and redirection as needed to children in class, working individually with children and in small group follow-up work, using positive discipline techniques with children (non-shaming and non-punitive)
• Establish a Montessori prepared environment that meets the unique needs of the Upper Elementary students at the second plane of development and moving into adolescence.
• Dynamic and mindful approach to problem-solving, demonstrate a growth mindset for professional and personal growth
• Maintain a calm demeanor in a busy, highly flexible environment
• Be organized, attentive to details, and a careful observer
• Understand and execute verbal and written instructions, policies and procedures and implement them with a degree of independence
• Technical skills that support recordkeeping (Google Classroom, Transparent Classroom) and parent communication.
• Attend all school meetings and school related functions
• Establish and maintain good communications with parents through parent conferences, meetings, informal communication, emails, two progress reports, and classroom newsletters.
• Collaborate effectively with other staff members including Guides, Assistants, and our Learning Specialists for parent education events, student support, and continued professional growth.
To be considered for this position, please provide a cover letter and resume to Administrator Christen Kelly firstname.lastname@example.org