AMI Montessori Primary teacher training in New Mexico!
- Bringing AMI training to New Mexico – Train online in our blended classes and practice in Albuquerque!
- Optional Philosophy of Indigenous Education program available to all students.
- SIMS AMI Primary trainer, Ann Velasco, will be the lead trainer for this course!
- Convenient evening classes broken into modules that allow for time to complete observation and practice teaching in New Mexico.
- In person sessions will be conducted in Albuquerque (one session in July 2023 must be completed in Phoenix).
Cost of Training
Please review course costs for students thoroughly before submitting your application:
- Total Tuition for Academic Year: $13,500
- Optional Philosophy of Indigenous Education Course: $3,000
- Application Fee: $150 (must be submitted with your Application)
- Tuition Deposit: $1000 tuition deposit is due upon enrollment.
The Indigenous Montessori Institute has an incredible full-tuition scholarship opportunity available to members of Native American tribes in the United States. Qualified students enrolled in the Montessori training and the Philosophy of Indigenous Education will be considered for this scholarship. For further information, please contact Povi Mitchell at email@example.com.
Why train with us in New Mexico?
Train close to home
In person sessions will be held in mostly in Albuquerque (with one session in July in Phoenix), and the majority of the training will be conducted online via Zoom. No need to leave the state to complete your training!
Convenient Evening Block Schedule
Online classes via Zoom run Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 4pm to 7pm AZ time. During breaks between blocks of courses, students will have the time to complete observation and practice teaching requirements in New Mexico or elsewhere.
Optional Philosophy of Indigenous Education Course
Work with the Keres Children’s Learning Center (KCLC) to transform education. With a goal of making Montessori education accessible to children in New Mexico, particularly children from the Pueblos, this program will focus on Montessori education through the lens of an Indigenous worldview. Click here to learn more!
Montessori Training Schedule
Our next available Early Childhood (3-6 Diploma) will start July 11, 2023! We’re excited that not only will we continue to offer the course in a blended-online format, but we are also offering the option to choose to attend in person sessions in either Phoenix or Albuquerque.
New Mexico students will be required to attend one session in Phoenix and three sessions in Albuquerque:
July 17 – July 28, 2024 (In Phoenix)
October 30 – November 4, 2023
February 25 – March 2, 2024
May 5 – May 24, 2024
Click Here to download a more detailed schedule.
Supporting Montessori in New Mexico
SIMS is proud to be a part of the Montessori movement in New Mexico. According to the Montessori Network of New Mexico, there are over 36 Montessori schools in the state, including 3 recognized by AMI. Special thanks to KCLC and IMI for their partnership in coordinating the PIE track.
New Mexico Training Location