Featuring Paige Isom 3-6 Class of 2018-2019 Where are you now? Mis Manos Montessori School in Tucson, AZ What position do you currently hold? … Read More about Featuring our Graduates – Paige Isom – Class of 2018-2019
Bringing schools and trainees together with sponsorships
- Any school that offers full sponsorship to a student for training receives $500 off the student’s tuition.
- To show our appreciation for your commitment to train with us, we offer an additional 5% tuition discount to any school who has sponsored 2 students since 2019 and is now sponsoring a 3rd teacher.
- If your school has sponsored 3 teachers since 2019 and are sponsoring a 4th trainee, you will receive a 10% tuition discount.
- Schools who sponsor more than two students in our Orientation Courses receive a 10% discount. We credit $700 to future diploma courses.
- Montessori schools across the country trust us to train their chosen candidates at SIMS. Check with your local schools to see if they need trained AMI guides.
- For students who are willing to travel, there are schools all over the world looking for AMI trained teachers. Many are willing to sponsor a student's full tuition.
- Students interested in contacting a school regarding their interest in sponsoring a student should reach out to find out a schools specific requirements.
- A list of current sponsorship opportunities can be found on our Jobs/Sponsorship page. Make sure the "Sponsorship" tab is selected.
Announcing the Nimal Vaz Arizona Legacy Scholarship Fund
AMI Teacher training in the Southwest has a long history. In Arizona, we owe thanks to AMI Trainer Nimal Vaz. Nimal received her AMI Primary Diploma in 1964. As Montessori schools began to spread throughout the United States, Nimal Vaz responded to the need for teachers by helping to organize AMI training courses in Arizona. She founded the Montessori Education Center of Arizona in 1980 and acted as Director of Training and AMI Primary Trainer until 2006. During her 15 years as a teacher trainer, she directed 30 courses that developed approximately 325 Montessori teachers.
In celebration of Nimal's contribution to the Montessori community in Arizona, a scholarship fund has been established in her name. The principal aim of this scholarship fund is to support Arizona residents seeking to advance their Montessori education.
All the money received from donations goes directly towards tuition for recipients of the scholarship. Every donation, of any amount, helps SIMS students realize their potential. Please click below to make a donation. If you wish for your donation to be anonymous, please make a note on the donation page.
Featuring Lauren Franchek 3-6 Class of 2011-2012 Where are you now? Creo Montessori - A Montessori Community What position do you currently hold? … Read More about Featuring our Graduates – Lauren Franchek – 3-6 Class of 2011-2012
AMI Teacher training in the Southwest has a long history. In Arizona, we owe thanks to AMI Trainer Nimal Vaz. Nimal received her AMI Primary Diploma in 1964. As … Read More about Nimal Vaz Arizona Legacy Scholarship Fund
Why AMI Training?
About Southwest Institute of Montessori Studies
SIMS offers the internationally-recognized gold standard in Montessori teacher training from the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI). Your SIMS trainers are highly knowledgable, passionate about montessori, supportive, and approachable.
SIMS training is well-organized and well-integrated into Phoenix's robust community of experienced Montessori practitioners. Phoenix offers great weather, a low cost of living, and down-to-earth culture in a thriving city. Join us! We'd love to help you gain the professional confidence and expertise that comes along with your highly-respected AMI diploma.